Here’s our adopted baby….well actually, she adopted us….My daughter named her Daisy. She’s been living in our back yard all summer. Sleeping under the stairs or trampoline and eating everything in sight. Her mother isn’t around much, but we see her once in a while. We haven’t fed her or tried to touch her, but she’s happy to munch the grass when we’re outside as long as we don’t get within 10 yards of her. Its been fun to watch her grow.
I’m working frantically on new Steampunk attire for the family. There’s an event coming up in September and I want a family picture for our Christmas cards. So…today’s offering is the hat I finished for my daughter, Juliette Bellafoxe’s Steampunk Lolita outfit.
I had some butterflies in my stash o’ stuff which I threw on in various areas. There are also tiny watch gears scattered about on the petals. This is the front.
I wanted it to have the feel of a small Victorian lady’s hat with some minor imperfections because she’s an airship mechanic. The round shape was dictated by the cool gear I found at the thrift store for $1!
Here’s a look at the inside.
This is one side. The red flowers are hydrangeas with cream roses interspersed.
Here’s a look at the back.Her skirt is made of the same fabric as the hat. It features a brown taffeta ruffle with embroidered brown fleur de lis, which is also used in the newly added hat ties. The corset/bustle is made of red brocade and is reversible with a simple gold brocade on the other side. The shirt came from the thrift store and benefited from a little tailoring.