Miss Meggie over at Dreaming Of Avonlea tagged me, so I’ll tell you a little more about myself.
8 books I’ve read recently…..
First, let me say I don’t have a lot of time to read books of my own choosing. I’m usually reading school material to prepare lessons for my kids, or skimming/selective reading fun books. I’ll skip the boring school book selection and list my “pleasure reading” choices, whether read in part or the whole thing.
1. Separation Of Church And State….David Barton
2. Sewing Green….Betz White (This is a favorite of mine.)
3. Financial Peace University….Dave Ramsey
4. The Dyslogic Syndrome….Dr. Bernard Rimland
5. Tsubasa Chronicles, Volume 26….CLAMP
6. Felt Accessories….Taylor Hagerty
7. Recipes Of Japanese Cooking…Yuko Fujita
8. Heraldic Crests…James Fairbairn
8 songs or albums I listen to all the time….
This one is difficult. I usually listen to my playlists….I have about 10. So I’ll list the bands or people I listen to the most, in no particular order….
1. Yuki Kajiura
2. Jonas Brothers
3. Michael W. Smith
4. Sarah Groves
5. Joy Williams
6. Movie and Musicals Soundtracks
7. The Judds
8 Things I Love….
1. God, my family, and America
2. Freshly cleaned/organized drawers and closets
3. Cats and chickens
4. Crisp fall weather with its sweet smells and colors
5. Baking or crafting on a cold snowy winter day
7. The Rocky Mountains
8. Family reunions and Disney cruises
8 Things I’ve Learned This Year….
Most of these things I’ve learned over the years, but I always seem to need a refresher course.
1. I’m better motivated by unyielding deadlines.
2. My kids grow too fast.
3. I don’t have to do every project that pops into my head.
4. Stuff isn’t important, memories are.
5. I don’t like gardening as much as I used to.
6. People tend to forget easily.
8. The smallest gesture, word, or service is usually the biggest, most life changing blessing to people.
8 New Recipes I Want To Try…
I’m going to bow out on answering this question. I come across recipes I’d like to try all the time, but have a good repertoire for now. You can find all my tried and true recipes at my Recipe Cottage.
8 Favorite Online Hangouts…
In no particular order…
1. Sense and Sensibility Forum
4. You Tube
5. Blog Guidebook
6. In Timely Fashion….this site is not up at the moment. 😦
7. Foto Flexer
8. The Cottage Smallholder
9. Etsy (I had to add an extra since #6 is down at the moment.)
8 Projects I Need To Work On….
1. Get my Etsy shop set up finished
2. Tweak the logo for my Etsy shop
3. Start and finish 5 gifts to be sewn before Christmas
4. Draft the pattern for an Etsy product currently residing in my head
5. Sew a white Lolita blouse for Miss H
6. “Spring clean” my house…seems like the spiders have taken over every corner
7. Clean up my craft/sewing storage area…it’s also out of hand
8. Assist Miss H in sewing a costume for an upcoming Animecon.
I’m supposed to tag 8 other people but I’ll forgo the formalities. I’d like to know more about you and hope you have fun with this tag!