Master G was after me to make him a “Fire Book”. I’m not sure what he was pretending, but it had something to do with his game Fire Emblem. He described what he wanted, and this is what I came up with.I used black foam core board for the front and back covers, with black construction paper inside for the pages. There’s red scrapbook paper pasted on the front with red cut-out scraps for the border. I wrote his initials, and the fleur de lis in black, then went over it in silver pen. The fire is done with orange, yellow, and red fine glitter. I scored the front cover on the left side, then used scrapbooking grommets at the top and bottom. I sewed the book binding with 6 strands of red embroidery floss. To protect the glitter (and my carpets) from coming off, I covered the front cover in clear contact paper. The floss broke a few days later and I had to restitch it. This time I used a heavy, double stranded, button thread for the binding. I think it turned out great!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License. You may use less than 1/3 of a post, or any picture, without previous permission, if you include a link back to the original post and leave me a link in the comments so I can visit your blog. You must email me to ask permission before publishing any post in its entirety. ladymccormick(at)yahoo(dot)com Thanks!